The objectives of the CMSA are as follows:
1. To promote the application of science and technology to the production, processing, packaging, distribution, preparation, evaluation, and utilization of all meat and meat products.
2. To stimulate and provide forums and other media for the exchange, discussion, and dissemination of information and ideas.
3. To develop and sponsor activities designed to promote the adoption of sound and useful research and educational techniques.
4. To promote the coordination of educational, research, development and service activities in meat science and related areas.
5. To promote recognition of those engaged in meat science.